In order to get the most fun and usage out of your SBW garment, it is essential and advisable to read through and adhere to the following care instructions:
- Cold Handwash. I have tested and washed sample items in my machine in up to 30deg water. However, use other heat settings at your own risk as with warm or hot water, colour fastness and shrinkage cannot be guarrenteed as fabric batches vary.
- Wash garment inside out with wrong side showing – this will protect the integrity of the design and add to longevity – especially referring to the printed products
- Always use a very gentle washing laundry detergent suitable for babies clothing.
- Do not use any bleach on the garment or any other harsh stain remover product as it could damage your garment
- Do not tumble dry on a medium or high heat. It is preferable not to tumble dry however if you are going to tumble dry use a very low heat
- Do not use a hot iron. Use a very low heat iron and iron on the wrong side of the garment with both felt designs and printed garments
- If correct washing instructions are adhered to, heat transfers on the printed garments are good for 15 – 20 washes, aging as garment is used
Wool felt might continue to shrink once it’s on the garment so it is best to wash as gently as possible: by hand in cool water or dry clean.
Some colors may bleed even with hand washing in cool water. For best results, I would recommend dry cleaning or spot cleaning to avoid color bleeding. Experiment in advance.
I have tested the garments using the above washing instructions, however machines and detergents vary. As with all felt fabrics, colour fastness and colour bleeding may occur. Sebastian Baby Wear is not responsible for any damages that may happen during th washing or drying of your garment so do take care.